When we talk about business marketing we are also focusing on branding. Brand building is very important when you want to make sure that everyone knows you. It helps you in coming up with something extra within this competitive market. Branding simply defines you in front of your audience. It simplifies understanding of your audience about what services and products you are offering to them. Branding let your audience know you.
The foundation of your brand is your logo. Each entity of your website should be represented by your logo. Moving back into time, branding was all about slogan, name, sign and symbol. Combination of all these helps people to identify who you are and what you do. It is said that ‘Brand’ and ‘Branding’ need to keep evolving with the time. It is a moving target that changes with the time so you need to evolve your brand too.
Why we need Branding in Marketing?
The brand is what appears when you do the marketing and it is the only thing. It is base on which your whole marketing is standing. Branding is like a promise you are making to your customers. Before jumping into the marketing you should make sure that you have done some serious research on the market. You can say that branding is a strategic practice and marketing is tactical. Marketing is what you got as the result of branding.
How can you define your Brand?
Defining your brand is like finding a definition of self. Your brand needs to be self-defining. It is tough and harder than the marketing. It is a time-consuming process that requires you to give some answers for your business.
- What is the mission of your company?
- Are you targeting right audience?
- What are the uniques features, service and product in your business?
- What does your Brand reflect in value for your customer?
- What your customers are already thinking of you?
- What quality do you want from them to associate with your family?
After defining your brand all you need to do is:
- Get a brand-defining logo.
- Create a good message for your business.
- Write a perfect slogan or tagline for business.
- Integrate your brand with everything you do.
- Create a “Face” of your brand that will do all the explanation and conversion.
- Create branding materials like templates, banner or others.
- Do branding with consistency.